Monday, June 28, 2010

Book Review: Sixteen Brides

Sixteen Brides According to the Publisher:

In 1872, sixteen Civil War widows living in St. Louis respond to a series of meetings conducted by a land speculator who lures them west by promising "prime homesteads" in a "booming community." Unbeknownst to them, the speculator's true motive is to find an excuse to bring women to the fledging community of Plum Grove, Nebraska, in hopes they will accept marriage proposals shortly after their arrival!

Sparks fly when these unsuspecting widows meet the men who are waiting for them. These women are going to need all the courage and faith they can muster to survive these unwanted circumstances--especially when they begin to discover that none of them is exactly who she appears to be.

My Thoughts:

This was a good read. It kept my attention, and I couldn’t wait to see what happened next. It was a bit difficult, in the beginning, to keep up with the story line of the different characters. The author switches view points frequently throughout the story. But, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I enjoyed watching the characters grow past their insecurities into the women God meant for them to be.

Bethany House provided this book in exchange for my review. I received no other compensation, and all opinions are my own.

No comments: