Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth of July Mantle

Thought I’d share pics of my holiday mantle before I pack it away.

DSC_0717

My mother-in-law gave me the basket hanging above my fireplace, and she filled it with fern leaves and flowers. I like how it looks with the patriotic decor. DSC_0718

The candle is from the dollar store, and I bring it out at Valentine’s Day, Christmas, and 4th of July. The stand was part of a hurricane, but Emma broke the hurricane. Now, it’s a perfect candle holder. The charms are from a cake plate that my MIL got Emma on QVC. The frame is from my MIL, too. The pic is 2 years old.

DSC_0719

The pails behind the ‘welcome’ sign are from Target’s dollar spot (thanks, sis!). The red, white, and blue ‘things’ behind the ‘welcome’ sign are balloon weights from the Dollar Tree. The ‘welcome’ sign is from Kohl’s (thanks, MIL).

DSC_0720

The white bird is from Michaels. The little dessert bowl is from Dollar Tree. The stars filling the bowl are from Hobby Lobby. And, the candle sticks are my latest Goodwill treasures.

DSC_0721

This is my entry table. Yes, it’s pretty bare, but this was all I had left to decorate patriotically. The pail is another one from Target filled with the Hobby Lobby stars and flags from Dollar Tree. The frame holds a picture of my sweet niece, Allie. The blue vase is from Goodwill.

I love to decorate the table and mantle seasonally. When I pack the patriotic items away, I plan to decorate in a ‘beachy/seashell’ theme. Can’t wait to get started on it this week. I’ve got some craft projects in mind. I’ll post pics as I switch out the stuff.

No comments: