Sunday, July 11, 2010

A girl and her dreams…

Exactly why did we decide to get two guinea pigs? Well, I’ll tell ya a little story about a girl and her dream…

When Emma was little (like 2 or 3) we visited a pet store to just look around. She fell in love with the bunnies. She loved petting them and decided she wanted one. NOW! Well, I wasn’t buying that toddler a rabbit that I had to take care of (in addition to the three kids, dog, and hubby)! So, to put her off I said, “We’ll talk about it when you’re 8.”

Has anyone ever told you about a child’s memory?!? I knew that children remember the odd things for a VERY LONG time. “Mom, remember that day 200 years ago when we xyz?”  “But Mom, last Thursday at precisely 2:16AM you said I could xyz!” (How they can remember oddball comments/facts/etc. but can’t remember to change their underwear or brush their teeth is beyond me!!) Anyway, Emma remembered that comment. And, she reminded me of that comment about every month (at least) for the next 5 years!!  No kidding! She really did! She could frequently be heard saying “I can’t wait ‘til I’m 8, because I get a rabbit.” Really! I’m so.not.kidding!

So, for her 7th bday (in June), we decided she could have a rabbit. So, we headed to Petsmart to look at rabbits and to determine how much said rabbit would cost. Well, guess what…Petsmart doesn’t sell rabbits. But, they do sell guinea pigs. After holding several, Emma changed her mind and decided that she wanted guinea pigs instead.

See yesterday’s post about her dream come true…

No comments: