Tuesday, January 5, 2010

365 Photography Goal

FOCUS.  Remember that word?  It’s my word of the year.  One of the things I want to focus on is my family.  Sounds like a “duh”, huh?  Well, obviously, as a homeschool mom I do focus on my family, right?  Well, kind of.  I focus on what needs to be done.  I don’t always focus on my family as a unit.  What’s that mean?  It means I get the chores done, errands run, and food cooked.  I get school work done and kids to classes/practices.  But, sometimes I get so focused on those parts of “family” life that I forget to FOCUS on us. 

In an effort to focus more on “us”, I have set a goal to create a “365 Album” this year.  My goal is to photograph my family – events, moments, and everyday stuff – every day this year.  I found this awesome scrapbook/photo album to help me organize all these photos.  If you knew me years ago, you know how “into” scrapping I was.  That, however, was before Emma was born, and I learned to sew.  Then, I found a new passion.  I didn’t lose my desire to photograph everything, I just lost my desire to scrap those pics.  So, where are they?  On CD’s!!!  I don’t print them, because I don’t scrap them. 

That’s about to change, though.  My goal is (as soon as my album arrives) to edit and print my photos once a week.  Then, I’ll sit down one evening each week and journal the photos from the previous week and put them in my album.  As I edit my photos, I’ll also upload them to my blog in a “week in review” post so my friends and family can keep up-to-date with our family fun.  I’m excited to see this come to fruition over the course of the year. I’m excited to FOCUS on my everyday, ordinary, “just mine” family!!

**And, because I am always one step ahead of myself like to plan ahead … I’m already thinking about other ways I could use this album.  Of course, I would have to order more, but that’s OK.  I’m thinking I want one to put all of our Disney pictures in one.  This way, I can tell all of my stories, but I don’t have to embellish or cut any paper!  I’m also thinking about doing one for Emma’s dance years.  I’m thinking about a 2-page spread for each recital (so far she’s been in three) and a 2-page spread for each competitive dance season (this is our first).  As I said, I am getting way ahead of myself here just thinking aloud…**

No comments: