It’s a short menu this week since the kids and my hubby will be going out of town this weekend. While they’re gone, I may try a new recipe or two. Or, more realistically, I’ll just fend for myself from the pantry/freezer/fridge for the weekend since I don’t “have” to cook.
Monday – Asian Chicken Salad (recipe below) with breadsticks
Tuesday – Spaghetti (with sauce from the freezer), salad, and yeast rolls (I’ll make a big batch of rolls and freeze the leftovers for later meals.)
Wednesday – Chili (E has dance classes – 3 of them – on Wednesday’s so we eat from the crock pot.) I’ll have tortilla chips and crackers on hand to be served with the chili.
Asian Chicken Sesame Salad (originally found on Slim Fast website)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 6 cups lettuce, romaine, chopped
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless/skinless, raw
- 1/4 cup onion, green, chopped
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, canned in juice, drained
- 1/4 cup almonds, roasted, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup Wishbone® Light Asian Vinaigrette
- 1. Grill and thinly slice the chicken breasts. 2. Toast almonds. 3. On serving platter, arrange lettuce, then top with chicken, green onions and oranges. Sprinkle with almonds and chow mein noodles, then drizzle with Wish-Bone® Light Asian Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette Dressing.